At Sport & Spinal Physiotherapy, we aim to be an integral part of the community by providing quality health care as well as working to improve the lives of the disadvantaged and poor. Our charitable works are an important part of our business model.
Fundamentally, Sport & Spinal Physiotherapy values PEOPLE. To this end, we are specifically committed to:
Compassion – empathy for those in need. Not only do we care for our clients but we place great emphasis on making a difference to those less fortunate.
Stewardship – Responsible management of our resources and skills in health care on behalf of those we serve. We use our skills and expertise in health management for the less fortunate within Canberra including the homeless and children with disabilities, as well for indigenous communities in remote Australia through our close relationship with SOS Foundation.
Creativity – Innovative solutions and strategies to overcome the challenges. There are many challenges in working with the poor. At Sport & Spinal Physiotherapy, our team collaborates to find effective solutions for indigenous communities in remote Australia through SOS as well as for the poor or less fortunate in Canberra.
Partnership – working with SOS Foundation, World Vision and Oxfam and many charitable organisations within the Canberra community to achieve significance.
Giving – we donate money and give our time for the poor and disadvantaged. We sponsor children through World Vision on an ongoing basis. All our cancellation fees and late payment fees are donated to Oxfam. We donate 5% of all treatment monies on “Fundraising Friday” to SOS Foundation.
At Sport & Spinal Physiotherapy we support the SOS Foundation through our fundraising activities and our volunteer work in achieving their stated key objectives:
- Connect with disadvantaged indigenous communities to practically show our concern and support.
- Using our collective skills and talents to provide medical support, physiotherapy intervention, building labour and administrative assistance.
- To provide short term relief to long-term workers and volunteers in the area, and also assist other community funded projects that are operating – reminding them they are not alone in their endeavours.
- At a personal level, build rapport and relationship with people in remote areas to acknowledge and affirm their individual value.
- Expose our team members to the realities of poverty and loss, to mobilise their continued enthusiasm to champion the cause of Significance in everything they do.
Sport & Spinal Physiotherapy values our contribution to World Vision working to transform the lives of disadvantaged and at-risk children and communities around the world. We are also passionate about the work of Oxfam in empowering people to create a future that is secure, just, and free from poverty.